Our shop rides are the chance to head out with us for a social ride and discover some hidden Swaledale gems amongst a friendly atmosphere.
Monthly Shop Mountain Bike Ride
On the first Sunday of the month
- Come and join us for a regular monthly mountain bike ride round some of Swaledale's finest trails.
The route will take in a chunk of 'Up' and plenty of blasts 'Down' it'll be 'Sporting', tough and a lot of fun!
Thing is.. if you've ridden Swaledale you'll know there'll be the usual lung busting uphill before the smiles all the way downhill, it'll be technical and tricky in places it's just the way it is here.
First Sunday of the month.
Meet up here at Dales Bike Centre and be ready for a 10:30am fire-up of the pedals.
3 hours ride, hitting some trails then back for the obligatory coffee'n'cake refuel at 1:30'ish
Expect 25-30km with between 500-700metres of climbing.
'Shop Ride Rules of Engagement' applyWhen is this monthly ride? We hear you say....
Usually the first Sunday of the month - 10:30am
Next Ride: Sunday 3rd December 2023
Friday Night Ride
The Friday night ride is that perfect time to grab a weekend ride before the weekends even begun. We meet here at Dales Bike Centre and start riding at 19:00 on the sounding of Grinton Church bells. 2 hours ride UPHILL & DOWN'DALE with visit to our local pub afterwards for a swift beer. The pace is a bit quicker than our Monthly Sunday ride as above.
Lights are essential from September til May. We have a few USE Exposure demo front lights to hire for £5, rear lights are a must.
More details and join in the conversation on our Friday Night Facebook page.
Bit sporadic at the moment.. maybe - maybe not
photo credit: Paul Clark
All shop rides follow the 'Rules of Engagement'
- This is not a guided ride..... It's a group ride
- No money exchanges hands
- No one person is in charge
- No insurance covers your mishaps
- Everyone is equally responsible for themselves and each other
- Be self sufficient with tubes & tools but there's always lots of help at hand
- We go out together we come back together!
- Riders must be over 18 years of age.
- E-bikes are fine but don't be a dick